Thursday, February 10, 2011

soup du jour

LOVE making and eating soup in the winter.  So easy, so delicious.  I am currently enjoying a batch inspired by Rachael Ray's Mean Green Tortilla Soup.  I say inspired because I don't really follow her recipe to a T.  I add more broth and instead of the spicy mumbo, jumbo, I just buy a jar of tomatillo salsa and add that and screw de-kerneling corn - I just throw in a frozen bag.

(a spicy winter delight)

This month, Real Simple has an article with recipes for 5 Quick Soups


They're so easy you could more or less memorize them or do your own take on them.  A little soup inspiration to get you through the winter.  I'm going to take a stab at the scallion and potato...mmmm.  

1 comment:

  1. It sure smelled good when you were making it! And I fully support your creation of the scallion and potato soup - yum!

    ReplyDelete