Monday, April 25, 2011

crafty gals



For the past two Friday nights, Roommate and I took sewing classes.  That's right - 1950s style.  There's a cute fabric shop in the South End called Grey's Fabric & Notions and everytime I walked by, the sign for classes always caught my curiosity.  I always wanted to learn how to use a sewing machine, so we took the opportunity to get crafty and took the Basics class.  It was a lot of fun and at $25 per class plus supplies, a great deal.  Sarah, who owns and operates the shop, was our teacher and she was super cute, fun, but most importantly, patient (because girlfriend needed it with us).  She even made us tea and put out treats - how nice is that?  Our first week we made pillows and this past Friday, bags!  I'm definitely going back for other classes.  Check out the photos (I'm going crazy on instagram on my iphone lately).

 (fabric choices)

 (Sarah cuts fabric)

(instruction)

(finished!)

No comments:

Post a Comment