Thursday, August 26, 2010

if it's the beaches...

The last few days of Boston rain reminded me how summer is truly coming to a close and I am excited to enjoy the next couple of weekends here to soak up the rest this city has to offer during its precious and glorious warm weather. 

If I had to guess, I'd say my first love of summer here in New England is Singing Beach Club in Manchester-By-The-Sea, MA.  I grew up spending my summers there, as my mother did and as her mother did.  We gather there every summer for a traditional family reunion brunch and I try to make it out there with my Grandmum whenever I can.  We joke that it's the only beach club around where you can't see the ocean.  But with lush lawns where people can gather to enjoy lunch and then change in the bathhouse to enjoy the perfect sand that earned the beach its name (when you walk on it, your feet rubbing up against the sand makes a chirping noise, which people say is the beach singing) is exactly what I think of when musing about the perfect summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment