Tuesday, October 26, 2010

body & spirit (& a bit of flair).

I did two magnificent things this past weekend - attend one of my most favorite fall activities, the 42nd Head of the Charles & also volunteer for the 1st Annual Team Elizabeth Road Race in Hull, which was inspired by my dear friend Elizabeth and supports the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

 (My cousin Arch rowing with the Austin Rowing Club)

  (runners/walkers at the start line)

After my active weekend, I sat on my couch Sunday to watch Chariots of Fire, an incredibly inspirational film (see it) about two men who run in the 1924 Olympics for very different purposes.  One of the most memorable quotes from the film comes from Eric Liddell: 

I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure. 

And aside from the heart felt moments, I forgot all about the dapper men's fashion!  The men at Cambridge college circa 1920 just looked so fabulous.  Check out the first 5 minutes from this clip and tell me it doesn't make you want to jump into a sweater vest, striped scarf, corduroy jacket and straw hat?



For all you mens that love it as much as I do, I put together a little collection for you:

3 comments:

  1. check out the matt bomer spread in last month's GQ (the one with ryan rynolds on the cover)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. found it! http://www.gq.com/style/wear-it-now/201010/matt-bomer-white-collar-henleys#slide=1

    ReplyDelete