Thursday, September 26, 2013

on the road: Lake Placid


Yes, it's true - I'm still traveling about the country! But I had just a moment to update before heading out again.  Last week took me to Lake Placid.  I had no idea what to expect as I haven't ever been to the Adirondacks or really ever thought about going there, but oh, I loved it so.  Not only was it just so beautiful, but I really vibed with the people.  Everyone was so nice and happy - must be all of that fresh air.  It was a short trip, but a good one.

 (view from the top of the bobsled track at the Olympic Sports Complex - look at the ski jump!)

 (my coworker during filming)

(the bobsled course is huge - and it's only a :60 ride for the athletes)


 (there were a bunch of old bobsleds...)

 (...I had to get in one)

 
(Lake Placid Craft Brewing: the local brew.  I loved it here. The beer was good, the people were friendly and it was a no frills, super fun place. We brought a couple growlers home for our coworkers)

No comments:

Post a Comment