Friday, July 23, 2010

the blue room

Growing up, my family would depart California or Las Vegas in the summer to spend three weeks seaside at my Grandmum's amazing home on the North Shore of Massachusetts (where else?).  The house was ancient and wonderous and the grounds had rolling lawns and even a salt water swimming pool.  But my most vivid memory was the Blue Room, which my brother and I shared many a summer on the third floor.  I loved the blue twall head boards, blue walls, white and blue hooked rug and dark wood furniture.  It was airy and perfect for waking up in to the sound of foghorns.  I covet my own blue room for guests someday.


*Images courtesy of House Beautiful, ISuwannee, JK Place, Michael Partenio, Outer Banks Trading Group, The Little Big House, & T. Keller Donovan

No comments:

Post a Comment