Thursday, July 1, 2010

an active summer

Whew! I can't believe it's already July!  This hiker in heels has been quite active that I barely had a moment to even notice June.  Summer is in full swing.  Aside from the usual beaching and patio drinks, there are three things I've been doing to keep busy and enjoy the summer weather and fun to the fullest. 


I love tennis and when summer comes, I want to get my swing back in shape.  Through the generous help from my mother (a Harvard Tennis alum, no less), I've been taking clinic twice a week and am loving it.  It's at the beautiful Beren Tennis Center (pictured) where there are plenty of outdoor courts and my instructors are quite good.  It's also nice playing with people at my same level and meeting new people to play with.  They also hold Friday night Round Robins and tournaments throughout the summer.  I highly recommend it!  Also, I am also looking for new partners...inquire within.

With a "Sailing for All" motto, membership is only $249 for the year and quite convenient with a Charles River location on Beacon Hill at the Charles MGH T stop.  There are plenty of classes and it's great sailing for the beginner or more advanced.  My friends and I have been having a blast, despite the less than warm dock staff (see my Yelp review for more on this...)


3. Social Boston Sports Running Club
 If you haven't checked out SBS, where have you been?  But furthermore, our running club is the best around!  There are two options.  The first is Social Running, which I have been leading for almost a year now.  Over a course of 6 weeks, we meet one day after work to check our a different route, building from 3 to 5 miles.  It's a great after work run, everyone can participate regardless of their experience and you get to know the group (of course, we go for a beer after).  Also, every Monday, Community Running meets at 6:30pm from McGreevy's with a choice of a 3, 5 or 8 mile route and a good time at the bar after.

What have you been doing to get off the couch and enjoy the great weather?

*Images courtesy of gocrimson.com, CBI & SBS

1 comment:

  1. You've been a busy bee! Cheers to a relaxing July full of sangria and roof tanning! :-)

    ReplyDelete