Friday, June 25, 2010

"if music be the food of love then play on"

When I go out on a date, I often ask said man to tell me his top 5 albums of all time, and warn him I will probably judge him, so choose wisely.  I judge my own top 5 on three categories: if it makes me happy, if it tends to be on repeat and if it invokes strong memories (what can I say?  I'm sometimes into nostalgia).  Sure, this can change from time to time, but I've come up with some solid albums (in no particular order) if you want to check them out (plus some honorable mentions I had a hard time throwing on the rejected pile).
(The Format: Interventions & Lullubies.  Discovered in college, so it reminds me of those blissful times.  Also a 10 on the happiness level.  Every song is a great tune.)
(The Postal Service: Give up.  The year this came out was one of the best in my life and it reminds me of summer nights driving around with good friends in Maine.  And naturally, it makes me happy and gets me pumped.)
(The Avett Brothers: I and Love and You.  Featured on my weekly profiling post & filled with simplicity and emotion.  They also put on a show like no other group.)
(Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers.  The self titled album is still my favorite, although I listen to all of them often.  Complete happiness and their music helped me get through some rough times.)
(Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young: So Far.  Such a wonderful album and reminds me of being with my mother.)

honorable mentions: 
-Garden State: Music From the Motion Picture
-Ryan Montbleau: Patience on a Friday
-Maroon 5: Songs About Jane
-Jason Mraz: Waiting for My Rocket to Come
-The Beach Boys: Pet Sounds
-Jack Johnson: Brushfire Fairytales
-Eric Hutchinson: Sounds Like This
-Taylor Swift: Taylor Swift
-Ben Folds Live
-The Hush Sound: Like Vines
-Vampire Weekend: Vampire Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment