Wednesday, June 2, 2010

take me away to Cisco Brewery

I hadn't written over the weekend because I went to Cape Cod with some friends for Memorial Day weekend.  Much to my delight, we decided to take a day trip to Nantucket on Saturday.  My roommate always told me I was never allowed to go to Nantucket because I would never come home - boy, was she right!  Cobble stoned streets, quaint sandwich places, blue shutters on faded grey homes, gorgeous sailboats filling the ocean offshore and more Nantucket Red shorts than I could handle had me hooked.  My biggest delight, however was a place called Cisco Brewery.  First of all, it's on a farm.  Hello.  If you know me at all, you know I delight in a good farm.  Not only that, apparently they are one of only a handful of places in the world that is a brewery, distillery and winery - wow!

The atmosphere of this particular day was easy and free.  The ages ranged from infant to eldery, the blueberry vodka lemonade flowed, a bluegrass band played on, tie dye tshirts were created and it seemed as if there were dogs everywhere I looked.  I had such a wonderful time and such fun running into old friends and making new.  I think I could get used to island living...

P.S. Did I mention we hitchhiked (which I've never done before!) to the brewery  and a lovely Beacon Hill family picked us up?  What a friendly place!

(a stolen shot from their website so you can get an idea of the space)
(general Memorial Day Weekend merriment)
(they grow their own hops!)
(cheers to summer, friends)

No comments:

Post a Comment